There are many types of alopecia, each with a different cause. The most common type of hair loss is “Androgenetic alopecia” which composed of 2 types, male and female pattern hair loss. It is more likely to happen as a person ages but can start at any point after puberty. It is normal to lose between 50 and 100 hairs a day. With about 100,000 hairs on your head, that small loss is not noticeable.
- Gradual onset
- Increased hair shedding
- Transition in the involved areas from large, thick, pigmented terminal hairs to thinner, shorter, indeterminate hairs and finally to short, wispy, nonpigmented vellus hairs
- End result can be an area of total denudation; this area varies from patient to patient and is usually most marked at the vertex
- Male pattern hair loss
Hair is lost in a well-defined pattern, beginning above both temples. Over time, the hairline recedes to form a characteristic “M” shape. Hair also thins at the crown (near the top of the head), often progressing to partial or complete baldness
- Female pattern hair loss
The pattern of hair loss in women differs from male-pattern baldness. In women, the hair becomes thinner all over the head, and the hairline does not recede. Androgenetic alopecia in women rarely leads to total baldness.
- Genetics: researchers suspect that several genes play a role in androgenetic alopecia.
- Hormone: researchers have determined that this form of hair loss is related to hormones called androgens. Hormonal imbalance is major cause.
- Other factors: coronary heart disease, obesity, nutritional problem, sleep problem, stress.
There are many kinds of treatments for male and female pattern hair loss include lotion, oral medicine, laser, light therapy, etc. But there is still no perfect result.
At Piyawat Clinic, we develop our own special products and treatment for hair loss. Our signature treatment is “Mesotherapy”. Mesotherapy technique help deliver special hair growth solution into scalp and hair root without pain. Patient feel very comfortable during the treatment. The home-used products include lotion that can help improve scalp condition and can stimulate hair follicle. For moderate or severe case, doctor may prescribe 100% herbal supplement for faster treatment result. All patients will be investigated by digital microscope. So you can see your hair and scalp condition in every visit.